Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Settle in... (REST in My sovereignty)

I came across this verse in devos yesterday and it just struck me...

Jeremiah 29:5-7
Build houses and dwell in them; plant gardens and eat their fruit.
Take wives and beget sons and daughters; and takes wives for your sons and give your daughters to husbands, so that they may bear sons and daughters - so that you may be increased there and not diminished.
And seek the peace of the city where I have caused you to be carried away captive and pray to the Lord for it, for in its peace you will have peace.

Mandy Shisler could say it SO much better than I ever could - she has such a beautiful way with words... but in my own humble way I'll just say that this passage hit home for me. Not that I've been carried away captive or anything :) but God's telling His people to settle in, get adjusted to the place where He has them, rest and relax in His sovereignty... build houses, plant gardens... you're going to be here for a while so you might as well enjoy it. I KNOW this is where God wants us - and I've been praying for a love for my house and for smack dab in the middle of Ohio where there is no snow. And when I shared this with Todd he made the joke that I did "beget" a son since we moved back. So I guess I'm on the right track. :)

Anyway -- I'm not very eloquent, but, again... my "journal" here, and I wanted to write this down for me more than anyone...

No comments: