Friday, January 25, 2008

I am a terrible tooth-fairy!...

Ugh... poor Kate. She lost her second tooth yesterday and for some reason, was EXTREMELY excited about it. She couldn't wait for that quarter! However, she knew that she had to have Isaac make a call to the tooth-fairy to let her know (because, Kate says, Isaac knows her number). :) You see, the "tooth-fairy" forgot last time she lost a tooth and Isaac had to call her the next morning and clear things up. Whew!

So last night, Kate goes to bed all excited and anticipating her quarter the next morning. And I even put a quarter on the steps so I would remember to sneak up there and put it under her pillow.

Little Miss Princess comes down this morning and the look on her face reminded me IMMEDIATELY that *shoooot* I had forgotten to put that quarter under her pillow! Not mad or irritated, just extremely disappointed... and sad! I am the worst tooth-fairy EVER!! :(

I said, "Good morning, how are you?" "NOT good." "Why?" "The tooth-fairy forgetted my quarter AGAIN!" Uuuuugh! Poor thing. I said, "Are you sure?" "Yes. I looked under my pillow and there -- is -- NOTHING -- there!" "Well, how 'bout if you go ahead and go the bathroom and then I'll go up and help you look." Soooo... as she's in the bathroom I rush up to her room with TWO quarters and sneak them under the pillow next to the one she had been sleeping on.

So, up she comes, tromps over the bed and takes the entire pillow off of the bed. "See, NOTHING there." I said, "Well, why don't you look around a little more." Wow! - she finds the TWO quarters under the next pillow and I can't even describe the look on her face. You know how people talk about "the joy of Christmas on a child's face" (blah blah blah whatever)... this was WAY better. Christmas is all ramped up and the kid knows they're getting something. THIS was so much better because her face went from fallen to.... oh, she was so excited! And TWO quarters too! She just started laughing and laughing and said, "Ooohhhh! The tooth-fairy got mixed up! She thought I was sleeping on the OTHER paynk pillow! Haaa ha ha ha ha!" It was priceless.....

Ahhhh -- catastrophe avoided. Whew! :) But I think from now on, TODD is going to have to take over tooth-fairy duty. I am lousy at this!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

This is exactly what happens at our home. I have failed way too many times and Chris took over months ago. Of course, my kids know it's me and know my bad rap with memory so I get reminder notes too!
Tracey H.