Where do I even begin??
Today I told Kate to go put a certain outfit on. Her reply... "Mom, can I please wear something cooler?" What?! COOLER?! Where did this come from? She said, "I mean, the jeans are okay, but I need a cooler top." Okay - go right ahead. This is what she came downstairs wearing. The shirt with the cropped pink camo jacket. Yes... cooler, indeed. "And Mom can you button it b/c it looks cooler that way." (again with the cooler) So as I'm buttoning it, she says, "I want to be a ROCK STAR when I grow up!"
WHAT?!!
Now, no good Christian mother wants to hear her precious little daughter say she wants to be a rock star when she grows up! I was appalled! After I laughed my head off, I said, "No... you don't want to be a rock star. Why would you want to be a rock star?"
"Because I wanna
ROCK!...
OUT!"
Oh man - I laughed so hard. She wants to Rock... Out. Well, okay then -- who doesn't? :)
Okay -- and now on to the picture.
We're having a lock-in at our house tonight with some of the boys from the church youth group. She just KEEPS talking about this one particular young man.... CONSTANTLY!! She said, "Mom, I'm not afraid to talk to ___ anymore." My thought was "Kate, when have you EVER been afraid to speak?" And then, "Mom, can I draw a picture of ____?" My thought, "When have you EVER WANTED to sit down and draw a picture?" Kate is not your typical sit-still-and-color-a-pretty-picture girl... and never... NEVER has she taken so much time and care to draw a picture! Here is her picture...
The certain young man who shall remain nameless is on the left. He's very large and has ENORMOUS eyes! I'm not sure why...
Kate is on the right and is very very small. I'm hoping this picture doesn't show up someday when she's in therapy b/c I'm sure a psychologist could have a field day with that one.
I thought it was adorable b/c she actually has them holding hands. She obviously views him as her protector or something. :) And the sweet thing is, if you knew this young man, you'd see why. He's very sweet to younger kids and interacts so nicely with them. He actually SEES them and pays attention to them. So Kate has picked a good one. :)
Oh, my Katie-girl. You're growing up. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment