Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A story to go with the picture... (I just copied this from an email I sent to a friend during vacation...)

We went to the beach yesterday. Haaaaa ha ha ha! You should have seen it! It was hilarious. It was freezing cold but they still got in b/c, hey, it's the beach and we live in Ohio! :) We looked like such the tourists. But it was fun. But it was VERY windy (like sandstorm windy after a while) and like I said, freezing. And... the boys got a new Nerf football at WalMart and Todd thought it would be funny to make them run into the water to catch it... so he did that a couple times and then he went off to play with Ben so the boys were doing it amongst themselves. After a couple minutes, I looked over and Jesse's pretty far out there trying to swim after the football! There were moments where it was up to his neck and he was still trying to swim out further (and every wave pulled the ball further away from him). I freaked out and ran like a crazy woman down the beach screaming. It scared me to death!! So.... long story short.... goodbye brand new football. They were pretty sad. We watched the bright orange football being tossed around the waves and floating out to sea. It really was a sad sight. And Jesse was a little bit indignant that I didn't think he could go get it. I said, "Buddy, you're a little more important than that football!! It's just not worth it." So superdaddy Todd stopped by WalMart on the way back to the condo to buy another one. I told him it was his responsibility since he showed a poor example by throwing it into the ocean in the first place (though it sure was funny to see their faces as they ran into the cold water to get it). :)

No comments: