Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hmm...

Christie Brown has been praying for me in regards to Small Group training (which I appreciate SO much). She gave me a passage to read on Sunday night and said she's been praying this for me. The passage is Philippians 3:7-14 and one part in particular struck me (and got me a little choked up when I read it to Todd)... verse 13 & 14...

"Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching FORWARD to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

Then there's this comment in my study Bible -- "To be distracted by one's past debilitates one's efforts in the present." And I can't help but wonder if it also makes me miss seeing the blessings He's sending my way now.

Lord, help me to be GRATEFUL... and humble.

No comments: